|I've been in the Artificial Insemination business a
while now and people are constantly asking me questions about learning to
breed. I firmly believe the best way to get started is to attend an A.I.
class. This gives you the opportunity to get practice on sale cattle
without the pressure or worry of making a mistake. Secondly the cattle
used in schools are
usually some of the worst on the planet. This may not make sense at first
but believe me, if you learn on the hardest you can always do the easy
ones. That being said I have below a little A.I. test that I give to those
that have been through A.I. school and want to increase their knowledge
1. When is the best time to breed a cow?
2. When is the best time to release a cow after breeding her by A.I.
3. If you are looking for Brangus semen stored in a 6 canister tank
with several different breeds, what canister will it be in?
4. You have a group of eight (8) cows that you are feeding and are
going to A.I. For the first time the tamest cow does not come to the pen
to eat. What does this indicate?
5. Using the HeatWatch heat detection system is one of the most
accurate methods of heat detection. Using this system what is the most
frequent time of day a cow comes into heat?
6. What is the most recognized mistake that A.I. technicians make?
Here For Answers